SzerzőÜzenet
Elfman
Ex-mesélő
Ex-mesélő
Elfman

Hozzászólások száma : 315
Aye! Pont : 1

The Land of Opportunity Empty
TémanyitásTárgy: The Land of Opportunity   The Land of Opportunity Icon_minitimeSzer. Feb. 29, 2012 12:55 pm

Emerson watched the endless ocean unfolding all the way to the skyline. He liked being a fisherman. His father was a fisherman, as had been his father and so on, probably back to the time of an ancient proto-Emerson who lived in caves and freaked out at the sight of fire.
The present-day Emerson loved the peace and quiet of fishing more than anything else. That wasn't surprising, given his circumstances. Most men would feel the same way if they were married to Mrs. Emerson.
The salty wind whispered into his ears as he reached for another beer bottle. The beating of waves on his boat, the reassuring feel of hard, honest work... Everything was so peaceful and perfect, except for...
"What did I tell you?! That bloody stick won't catch you a single fish," he growled at the other figure in the boat.
"Fishing rods are the future, Mr. Emerson," said the young man politely.
"My father used nets and his father used them too! What's the point of feeding fish with bread on little hooks? You're out of your mind."
It was the sort of idea only a bloody useless mage could come up with and no doubt about it. He kept this to himself of course, since it didn't do you much good to get on the bad side even of bloody useless mages. Especially if the bloody useless mage in question was your son-in-law.
Dear little Julie, taken by this... this... bloody wizard. The way Emerson saw it the world would be a much better place without people conjuring fluffy white rabbits out of tophats. Or whatever it was they did for a living when not flinging fireballs at each other.
"It caught on!"
"What did? Another of those idiotic trends you youngsters come up with?" asked Emerson testily.
"No, a fish! It must be huge! Help me pull it...!"
The fisherman turned lazily, beer in his hands, but his eyes bulged as he saw the high arc of the rod. He sidled closer and grabbed the handle as well. If he was any judge, the lad just might have caught a giant tuna. He tugged at the stick, straining with the effort.
After several moments of futile struggling, there was a faint 'plop' as the thing holding on to the hook gave way. Due to the incorruptible laws of physics, they fell backwards and straight into the ocean. It occured to Emerson that when dealing with fish, 'plop' somehow doesn't fit, but he had too much on his mind to care about that right now. Treading water and swearing, for instance.
"You idiot! I just can't believe that Julie..."
"Do you feel this?" asked the wizard, looking around in fright.
"Hah, must be a shark nibbling at your feet," grinned Emerson nastily, but he did feel something as well. The water... rumbled. There was no better word for it.
"Is this one of those idiotic tricks of yours?" he asked carefully.
"Ngh."
"What? Speak up!"
"Ngh!" said the young man, staring behind Emerson.
"Now listen, if you-"
"Island!" screamed the wizard.
"What island? We're on bloody open ocean here, lad."
"Island...!"
His gaze followed the pointing finger.
A huge island laid there, barren and full of seaweed. Emerson blinked a few times if he was just seeing things, but the island stubbornly kept on existing.
His brain fizzled with thoughts, something he didn't experience for many years now. Then, as if reaching a conclusion, his face broke into a slow grin.
"Do you happen to have a Fiore flag, son?"

Here we go, then! The quest will start with at most six people. Application deadline is Saturday noon.
Before you sign up I have a few things to tell you:

• Since we'll be playing in English, posting deadlines will be laxer than usual. Take your time to write your post (but try to post within a reasonable time)
  • As I said in the other topic, please be polite when pointing out mistakes. I don't want to hear about people mocking or demeaning others for their english skills. Helpful criticism is appreciated, of course, IF you're 100% sure you've found a mistake (I'd like to mention here that incomplete sentences and omitting commas are normal in literary style).
  • Your use of language won't be reflected in the quest rewards!
  • Feel free to use either the Hungarian or the American punctuation (see above). It doesn't really matter which one you choose.
  • Have fun! Smile

A hozzászólást Elfman összesen 5 alkalommal szerkesztette, legutóbb Szer. Feb. 29, 2012 4:30 pm-kor.
Vissza az elejére Go down
Shouki Sheiji
Gealdor
Gealdor
Shouki Sheiji

Hozzászólások száma : 188
Aye! Pont : 6

Karakter információ
Céh: Quatro Cerberus
Szint: 2
Jellem:

TémanyitásTárgy: Re: The Land of Opportunity   The Land of Opportunity Icon_minitimeSzer. Feb. 29, 2012 1:38 pm

Hmm, I'm interested in this island, so I would like to join, if that's ok. Smile
Eddard Raregroove
Fegyver mágus
Fegyver mágus
Eddard Raregroove

Hozzászólások száma : 41
Aye! Pont : 0

Karakter információ
Céh:
Jellem:

TémanyitásTárgy: Re: The Land of Opportunity   The Land of Opportunity Icon_minitimeSzer. Feb. 29, 2012 3:16 pm

Fair conditions, exciting challange! To tell you the truth i also have to practice for my english exams, so it would be a perfect chance to improve my skills! Let me join in and "let's rock!"
Tony Smith
Elemi mágus
Elemi mágus
Tony Smith

Hozzászólások száma : 73
Aye! Pont : 0

Karakter információ
Céh: Fairy Tail
Jellem:

TémanyitásTárgy: Re: The Land of Opportunity   The Land of Opportunity Icon_minitimeSzer. Feb. 29, 2012 4:29 pm

"Let's get ready to rumble!!!" - So, hi my dears. I want to join this quest too. Hope the reward is good, muahahaha. + pet

A hozzászólást Tony Smith összesen 1 alkalommal szerkesztette, legutóbb Szer. Márc. 07, 2012 9:38 pm-kor.
Ovan Sandinger
Elemi mágus
Elemi mágus
Ovan Sandinger

Hozzászólások száma : 196
Aye! Pont : 32

Karakter információ
Céh: Lamia Scale
Szint: 3
Jellem:

TémanyitásTárgy: Re: The Land of Opportunity   The Land of Opportunity Icon_minitimeSzer. Feb. 29, 2012 8:34 pm

A trip to a mysterious tropical island? Count me in Very Happy
http://hu.wikipedia.org/wiki/Szurik%C3%A1ta
Rouuro Kao
Elemi mágus
Elemi mágus
Rouuro Kao

Hozzászólások száma : 513
Aye! Pont : 7

Karakter információ
Céh: Újraszervezett Mágus Tanács (Hírszerzési Egység)
Szint: 8
Jellem:

TémanyitásTárgy: Re: The Land of Opportunity   The Land of Opportunity Icon_minitimeSzer. Feb. 29, 2012 10:15 pm

Count me in, but count luck out. We will do it.
Elfman
Ex-mesélő
Ex-mesélő
Elfman

Hozzászólások száma : 315
Aye! Pont : 1

TémanyitásTárgy: Re: The Land of Opportunity   The Land of Opportunity Icon_minitimeVas. Márc. 04, 2012 11:04 am

I already had the post written but I didn't remember to post it yesterday, forget my own head next Smile So, here we go, I have just one more advice before we start: real men follow the link
Ajánlott tartalom

TémanyitásTárgy: Re: The Land of Opportunity   The Land of Opportunity Icon_minitime

The Land of Opportunity
Vissza az elejére 
1 / 1 oldal